[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 03:21:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> p.s. - Perhaps this side-issue is relevant to the above:
> I also had a recording error this Sunday at 6pm.  There was a NFL football game that delayed the start of 60 minutes.  I was under the impression that MythTV was able to determine when programs like this were delayed, and account for that.
>
> * Am I mistaken about MythTV's capabilities regarding the delayed start issue?

MythTV only knows what it is told, and there is no feed that
tells MythTV that the schedule has changed.

And since CBS has decided that accepting the NFL's
"Heidi game" conditions(*) is more important that starting
60 minutes on time, the best one can (usually) do is
to manually schedule 60 minutes with an (about) hour
pad time.

Gary

(*) i.e. the requirement you have to broadcast the game
until it is over.  This was added to all NFL contracts after
the infamous Heidi game (where NBC broke away to
regularly scheduled programming).