[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Mon Oct 14 03:10:22 UTC 2013

Background:
I have a the following hardware with my MythBuntu setup.
I've built a Frontend/Backend box with the following:
Intel DH77KC motherboard,
Intel i3-3240 C5U (LGA115),
a pair of KingSton memory sticks: “KHX1600C10D3B1K2/16G”,
a refurbished 1TB HD from one of the big names.
the first tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-2250 (connected to CATV) and
the second tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-1800 (connected to Antenna).
I _DO_ have a subscription to "schedulesdirect.org", and
I am reasonably confident (but not certain) that I have the two inputs configured as well as the separate SchedulesDirect selections made for each card.

---

Until recently, starting just before I posted a message on/at September 24, 2013 7:26:17 PM CDT and ending yesterday), I had problems with no communications to the backend server.  I won't bore you with why and how that got fixed, I only know 2/3rds of the story.

---

The problem I'm noticing now, is that I can't record more than one program simultaneously at a time.

Example:  In our town, "NCIS" and "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." are broadcast at the same time.  With three (or possibly four) tuners available to me, I do NOT understand why the MythBuntu box can't record both at the same time.
If these semi-frivilous recordings can't be done correctly now, there will be h**l to pay if a more important recording isn't done right in the future.

* What could I be doing wrong regarding the simultaneous recordings?

---

p.s. - Perhaps this side-issue is relevant to the above:
I also had a recording error this Sunday at 6pm.  There was a NFL football game that delayed the start of 60 minutes.  I was under the impression that MythTV was able to determine when programs like this were delayed, and account for that.

* Am I mistaken about MythTV's capabilities regarding the delayed start issue?

===

LP