[mythtv-users] mysql / mythbackend running at 100%+ CPU on 0.24.3-fixes

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 16:24:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Paul <dazzle at edazzle.net> wrote:
> I've been running 0.24.3-fixes stably for a while now and in the last few
> days I have noticed that mysql and / or mythbackend running at 100% or more
> CPU on certain occasions.
> Hardware: Atom / ION ASUS AT3N7A-I with a Hauppage Nova-T 500 and a PCTV
> Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick
> No. of channels: 52
> No. of recording rules: 46

Over time, it is possible that your oldrecorded table
(used to maintain history) has accumulated a lot of
entries.  A large oldrecorded table (and the resulting
processing to determine if/what to schedule) is one
of the significant contributors to slow scheduling.

I believe that moving from the unsupported 0.24 to
the current 0.27 you will see some scheduler
improvements (I seem to recall 0.26 had some
optimizations), but the Atom is a slow CPU, and
I doubt you are going to be entirely happy with the
scheduling times.

Gary