[mythtv-users] mysql / mythbackend running at 100%+ CPU on 0.24.3-fixes

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Sun Oct 13 15:46:29 UTC 2013

I've been running 0.24.3-fixes stably for a while now and in the last few
days I have noticed that mysql and / or mythbackend running at 100% or more
CPU on certain occasions.

1. When creating a new recording schedule it now takes about 5 mins for the
recording to show up in Upcoming Recordings and mythbackend runs at 100% CPU
2. It can take about 5 mins from MythTV starting up to populate the Upcoming
Recordings and mysql runs at 100%+  CPU
3. If I delete a program from Previously Recorded it is taking 2 mins to
remove the program(s) from the list and mysql runs at 100% CPU
4. Populating the TV listings with mythfilldatabase now takes about 10 mins
with mysql running at 100%+

I am not using EIT and it is turned off in the settings and for each
individual channel. I have uninstalled and re-installed MySQL and checked /
optimized the db tables. I have scanned the file systems and defragged where
appropriate. I haven't made any software / hardware updates in the last
week.

OS: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
Hardware: Atom / ION ASUS AT3N7A-I with a Hauppage Nova-T 500 and a PCTV
Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick
No. of channels: 52
No. of recording rules: 46

Any help / advice appreciated.