[mythtv-users] Only getting one day of EPG

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Sun Oct 13 06:23:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a 0.25.3 system on Fedora 16 with two nova S plus DVB-S tuners and I
have just recently added one HDHomeRun dual DVB-T

For some strange reason I can only see approximately one days EPG details
for the DVB-T - sometimes less. This isn't usually one calendar day, more
like 24 hours or so - not exactly 24 hours !

When I look at the EPG guide on my TV I can see a weeks' worth of detail -
titles and descriptions. So the TV uses the same terrestrial aerial the
HomeRun uses. If I look on mythweb I can only see the days worth of EPG but
interestingly for the rest of the week it knows program times but not titles
or descriptions. Where the title should be MythWeb shows just a full stop
"." with description and episode detail completely blank, but the start/end
time is correct. What I see in Mythweb reflects what I see when I use
mythfrontend.

It has been suggested I use an alternative guide tv_grab_nz-py, but I am
nervous about being reliant on a 3rd party project that may shutdown at any
time. I would rather use the embedded guide which is pretty much guaranteed
to be there.

I have tried removing the DVB-S source but it didn't seem to make any
difference.

Any clues or ideas are much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance