[mythtv-users] 0.27 and AirPlay

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 11:58:27 UTC 2013

On 9 October 2013 22:37, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> It didn't work fine for me until I configured the real ipv6 in mythtv-setup but I still have some dns digging to do so there may be more to this.

it shouldn't have made a difference in the phone being seen or not...
But yes, if your phone has an IPv6 address, it will attempt to connect
with IPv6, so you need to have your frontend listening on it.

The problem on dual frontend/backend is that the address you configure
the backend to listen on in mythtv-setup is also used by the frontend.
On frontend only setup, it only works because no-one in their sane
mind would attempt to run mythtv-setup so the default IPv6 address is
actually not set so it only uses IPv4...

To be perfectly honest, I think mythtv network configuration sucks big
time... no words could describe on how poor I think it is...