[mythtv-users] 0.27 and AirPlay

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 8 15:02:59 UTC 2013

I've just installed .27 on my 'production' system and it is working
very nicely, except for the new AirPlay features.  The code is
.27-fixes as of Sep 21; I'll update in the next few days but I don't
see any commits that are obviously related.

Chatting with JYA on IRC last night, he indicated that AirPlay works
for him.  I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it out and what
their results were.

My experience is that AirTunes works fine...ie play a song on the
iPhone (iOS 7.0.2) through AirTunes to a mythfrontend.

Using the Video app however, the audio plays but no video.

When I try to display photos on the frontend, about half the time the
frontend is not even listed as a possible AirPlay target.  For those
times it is available, no photo is displayed.

I've tried the frontend in three different environments:  OS X
10.6.8, 10.7.5 and 10.8.5.  I've turned off other AirPlay/AirTunes
devices on my network.  I freshly restarted both the router and the
phone before testing.  None of these steps made any difference.

Note that AirTunes/AirPlay USED to work for me.  Most recently, I
tried it out with 0.27 in the late-August/early-September timeframe.
I thought the photo display aspect was very cool and something that
might be fun to show people.  I've used AirTunes sporadically with
0.25 and 0.26 before that.  I haven't made any changes to my network
in many months.

So, does .27 AirPlay work for you or not?  Thanks,

Craig