[mythtv-users] Wayland

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Oct 1 14:17:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

I have not been following Wayland closely... but I do know that they
(will) have an X client that runs on it.  Look at Mac OSX to see how
it will likely work. (X apps run on an X server that runs on top of
Quartz).

For all intents and purposes, a Wayland based distro should run all
the same software as an X11 distro... with the added benifit that apps
written in QT and any other library with Wayland support included,
would have a much shorter/simpler pipeline to hardware.  In reality,
developing a Wayland app should be simpler than developing one for
X11, but if X11 support is still required, you can just write and X11
app and be done with it.