[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu repository not refreshing

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 27 08:11:37 UTC 2013


On Sun, 26 May 2013 23:08:56 +1000, you wrote:

>A few weeks ago I learned from this list how to upgrade from 0.25 to
>0.26 on MythBuntu. The first thing I needed to do was update thr
>repository so it showed 0.26 as the latest stable version (and 0.27 as
>development). My server got borked by a power outage and I've had to
>restore to a backup from a couple of months ago when I was still on
>0.25.
>
>When I press the repository Refresh button in mythbuntu-control-centre
>it's not bringing in 0.27, and 0.26 is still showing as the
>development version. What do I need to do to get the repository
>updated to show 0.26 as the latest stable version?

You could try:

- Clicking on "Apply" after the Refresh button has changed colour back
to normal to indicate the download is complete.

- Restarting Mythbuntu Control Center.

- Running "apt-get update".

I think what it is supposed to do is put a file
"mythbuntu-0_26-precise.list" into /etc/apt/sources.list.d, but there
may be other things it needs to do too.  The contents of my
mythbuntu-0_26-precise.list file is:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.26/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.26/ubuntu precise main

It may also need to put # characters at the start of the lines in the
mythbuntu-0_25-precise.list file to comment them out.

The above presumes that you are running Mythbuntu 12.04.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list