[mythtv-users] Should Videos be considered Recorded?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed May 22 15:02:10 UTC 2013

On 22.05.2013 16:41, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> Raymond Wagner wrote:

>> Which comes right back to what Mike said previously about false
>> positives on every movie with a duplicate title, which is specifically
>> why MythTV uses more than just the title for duplicate matching.
>
> I can live with that. How likely is it that there are two movies with
> the same title AND any of my few favourite actors in it?

That is a very interesting question that someone can answer by
downloading the imdb data files and calculating some numbers.

Here are two examples of common movie names. If you have one classic
movie in your collection and it gets shot again with well known actors
your chances for a name collision between library and wish list are not
to bad.
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Crush&s=tt&exact=true
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Frankenstein&s=tt&exact=true

Regards,