[mythtv-users] OT - aspect ratio and non-square pixel display

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:45:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an older wide screen (16:9) plasma with a native resolution of
1024x768.  It will accept a resolution of 1280x720, but it overscans.  In
the past I just used a setting in the nvidia driver to compensate for the
overscan. At some point that feature of the driver went away. My system
defaulted to the native resolution of 1024x768 and myth has been treating
the display as a 4x3 screen.  I set out to fix this this weekend and found
a page on the MythTV wiki that explained how to set the aspect ratio using
displaysize in the coefficient.conf file.  Trouble is adding that line has
no effect.  It seem that the setting is controlled somewhere else.  I'm
running mythbuntu 12.04.

Anyone know what could be overriding that setting?

thanks,

jeremy