[mythtv-users] mythcommflag problem

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Mon May 20 02:40:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a recording that will not play on my fronted. I get these every once in a while and usually its a recording that will be on again and so I delete+rerecord and go on with my life. This one I can't rerecord, so I haven't deleted it yet. I am going to try to debug it with the fronted, but one thing I noticed is that mythcommflag errors out when trying to process it. I don't know if mythcommflag errors out because the file is corrupted or what, but here is the output from mythcommflag:

$ mythcommflag --method 7 -v -f /video2/recordings/4149_20130516210100.mpg
2013-05-19 19:33:37.525348 C  mythcommflag version:  [v0.25.3] www.mythtv.org
2013-05-19 19:33:37.525356 C  Qt version: compile: 4.8.2, runtime: 4.8.4
MythTV Commercial Flagger, flagging commercials for:
    Elementary - The Woman; Heroine
Finding Logo*** glibc detected *** mythcommflag: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f8c1e918010 ***

Is there a solution for mythcommflag coredumping? Is this something I should even bother with or should I just try to figure out why the recording doesn't play on mythfrontend? I think the recording plays fine in mplayer, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

Paul