[mythtv-users] TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat May 18 06:15:41 UTC 2013

On 18.05.2013 07:41, Ian Evans wrote:
> By any chance have you added the TWiT streams to your
> setup? If so, did you find a xmltv grabber for their schedule?

No, but I took a look with my guide dude thinking cap on, but only saw
large fields of "here be repeats" without details about the programmes.

If you can find a good source (crazy idea, talk to the TWiT people
about getting a feed from their play-out center) someone could feed the
data into the upstream service of tv_grab_uk_rt.
See e.g.
http://metabroadcast.com/blog/importing-your-rss-feed-into-atlas for an
example for a podcast.

> I'd really love to find a 24hr news channel in HLS format that can be
> used by North Americans. Dare to dream.

What news? local/global?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:24-hour_television_news_channels
I remember seeing HLS streams for Al Jazeera, DW-TV and France 24. I
can offer guide data for some of them.

Regards,
Karl