[mythtv-users] TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat May 18 06:32:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>wrote:

> If you can find a good source (crazy idea, talk to the TWiT people
> about getting a feed from their play-out center) someone could feed the
> data into the upstream service of tv_grab_uk_rt.
> See e.g. http://metabroadcast.com/blog/**importing-your-rss-feed-into-**
> atlas <http://metabroadcast.com/blog/importing-your-rss-feed-into-atlas>for an example for a podcast.

I tried tweeting them a day or so ago. Will track down an email. As far as
their advertisers go, anything that gets them more viewers couldn't be bad
right?

>  I'd really love to find a 24hr news channel in HLS format that can be
>> used by North Americans. Dare to dream.
>>

> What news? local/global?
>   offer guide data for some of them.

I tried add the JYA playlist months ago. The only channel that seemed to
work for me in North America was NASA. Don't know if the others were
geo-blocked. Looking for English language international news as I'm a
cable-cutter (antenna) and no longer get CNN.

Thanks for your help!