[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed May 15 21:17:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 09:59:43PM +0200, Warpme wrote:
> On 5/13/13 10:56 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> >Hello all.
> >
> >I had an Nvidia ION1 board but it does not work now, I want to change it.
> >
> >I want to use as a frontend to watch TV, videos and play music. I need
> >to watch HD films, so I think that it will be good to have a hardware
> >decoding.
> >
> >Which hardware do you recommend? I need a cheap one.

[deletia]

> Well - I'll be probably provocative but why ION1 isn't OK for You ?
> I have 3 of them in 3 rooms and use daily since approx 2y.

    Nvidia still seems to be the best option and ION1/ION2 is the the
obvious budget option. You can get newer and better GPUs but then you
quickly leave the domain of bargain machines.

[deletia]

    I have a real bruiser for my home theater but I would still go with
cheap nvidia based low profile boxes for any other room.