[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed May 15 19:59:43 UTC 2013

On 5/13/13 10:56 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I had an Nvidia ION1 board but it does not work now, I want to change it.
>
> I want to use as a frontend to watch TV, videos and play music. I need
> to watch HD films, so I think that it will be good to have a hardware
> decoding.
>
> Which hardware do you recommend? I need a cheap one.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
> --
> Josu Lazkano

Well - I'll be probably provocative but why ION1 isn't OK for You ?
I have 3 of them in 3 rooms and use daily since approx 2y.
They are playing TV (mainly HD), Blurays (highest I watch was
1080p at 32Mb/s), tons of stuff downloaded from Internet (mainly is HD),
play music and occasionally watch Yutube. All this exclusively on MythtTV.
I didn't remember SINGLE movie which fails on any of them in those 2y
(and I think 1000+ of movies were played).
Also over 150+ Blurays I watched - no single issue with playback nor
playback was not as expected...
So what particular content/function is not working for You on ION1 ?
br