[mythtv-users] Setting up a switch with 4 LNB's not possible

Björn Christoph einkaufenbc09 at googlemail.com
Mon May 6 20:52:49 UTC 2013

Hey,

After several days of struggling I've finally set up my system:

Backend Server: Ubuntu 12.04 x64 with a DvbSky 952 card (dual DVB-S2,
so I have 2 adapters set up in /dev/dvb) with Mythbackend 0.26 (using
the PPA, I didnt compile it myself) as well as sasc-ng (resulting in a
total of 4 adapters)
Client: Ubuntu 12.04 x64 using XBMC

My dish has 4 LNB's which go into two switches, each switch used by
one adapter: 28E, 19E, 13E, 9E.

I successfully achieved in setting up my switches along with the 4
LNB's in Mythtv backend. Each switch is attached to one of the DVB-S2
input adapters.

I've also achieved setting up the channels for the first adapter using
LNB 19E. I also was able to add the second adapter for LNB 9E. I can
watch anything on these 2 adapters for 19E and 9E, so the switching
works fine.

Now I wanted to make mythtv backend understand that each adapter has a
switch and can actually access more than the currently defined LNB.

However, once I add a new entry (9E) for the first adapter (set up for
19E and working) then after I add it I see that 19E has been
overwritten with 9E. I cannot add a second entry, impossible!

What am I doing wrong?

I also checked out the database entries using phpmyadmin - maybe if
someone had a list of how it should look like then I could adjust my
database as a work around or to validate where things are goofed up to
help in fixing the bug?

Thanks,
Michael