[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut (mythcommflag vs mythtranscode)

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Tue May 7 22:19:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 23:47 +0200, Angela wrote:

> Thanks Brett, I am not ignoring your statements, I left my reply to Doug as
> is.
> I will carefully watch the ticket 11435, as it I also have an issue with HD
> playback skipping, as I updated mythtv recently and see how it can improve
> lossless_cut.

Your reply is more than adequate.
Slow playback seeking was the real killer but getting seektable/cutlist
correct was (initially) more important..

The patch does not just address playback slow skipping (root cause bad
seektable offsets) but:
- live tv transitions
- cut-list editor behaviour
- playback start time
- picture breakup/macroblocking.
- potential for frame exact cutting from cut-list editor.
- don't need to force probe 3 secs into file with ffprobe/ffmpeg to get
metadata