[mythtv-users] New MythArchive problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat May 4 11:26:30 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 14:30, John Pilkington wrote:
> I've mentioned several times over the past few days that I've been
> having problems with MythArchive.  They don't seem to be repeatable and
> AFAIR the failure has always been immediately after exit from
> mytharchivehelper.  I suspect that its exit status is unreliable.  I
> haven't yet tried looking at the code.
>
> I'm using the 0.26-fixes build created last Saturday for rpmfusion.  The
> problem wasn't evident in builds from a month or so ago.
>
> MythTV Version : 0.26.0-8.fc17 (v0.26.0-149-g5f45c0b)

Perhaps I should come back on this.  Things seem better now and maybe it
was just a short-lived problem around the time of my changeover from
ATrpms-myth0.25 to rpmfusion-myth0.26.  I hope so.

Anyway, I edited mythburn.py so that non-zero status from
mytharchivehelper would be a nonfatalError - and since then have seen
none reported.  I did the same long ago to bypass an
occasionally-reported mplex failure that seems to do no harm.  grep WARN
<path to logfile> will check.

John P