[mythtv-users] Anyone with experience with Rogers Digital Cable in the Ottawa area?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Mar 17 16:56:42 UTC 2013

Although I amnot in Ottawa, I am a Toronto Rogers subscriber.

In Toronto:
1) The firewire port has always worked from my various STB SA8000HD,
S3250HD and nowa CS4642HD
2) The component out is not blocked on any channels (pay or otherwise).
Note that you cannot concurrently use a CS4642HD HDMI outand the
component out. The component out gets cut off. From what I understand
that is standard for all HDMI capable STBs.
3) MythTV successfully records with a HDPVR (analogue andcomponent
inputs) and use firewire for channel changing.

Note for the CS4642HD I needed to change the usual sa3250ch firewire
channel change codeand recompile. That update is on the MythTV wiki
page.See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sa3250ch

I would be very surprised if Rogers alters their STB standards per city.

Doug