[mythtv-users] LIRC driving me nuts Have to remove and reinstall every reboot

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Wed Mar 13 04:57:46 UTC 2013

Paul Bender wrote:
> On 3/12/2013 2:24 PM, jedi wrote:
>>>
>>> My WAG is that your lirc startup script(s) are not waiting for
>>> the (likely) USB IR device to become ready. Check with your
>>> distro for how to configure startup scripts to wait for devices
>>> to become ready before starting.
>>
>> Another approach could be to just move LIRC to the end of the startup
>> process or restart it after all of the other scripts have run.
>>
>> Not sure a "wait on this device" approach is the best thing to do with
>> something like upstart. I've trashed upstart myself trying stuff like
>> that.
>
> Alternatively, you might consider using a combination of eventlircd
> <http://code.google.com/p/eventlircd/> and lirc <http://www.lirc.org/>
> in order eliminate the race condition between, lirc device startup,
> lircd startup and lircd dependent application startup. It is one of
> the reasons that I wrote eventlircd.

I am thinking it has something to do with permissions, I was screwing
around with lirc a couple of weeks ago, in the interest of sending
commands to other components. I have no idea what I may have changed
permission-wise, but does anyone know what permissions need to exist on
what files?

Lee

--

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ