[mythtv-users] The Final Nail in MythTranscode?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:40:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 03:11 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
>>
>> Really screwed with mythtranscode and space now.
>
> Did you know that hard drive prices have reached new lows--even lower prices
> than before the flood?
>
> Mike, a firm believer that transcoding recordings is a waste

And did you know that those hard drive prices are still more than my
current financial/budget situation allows?

Ian, a firm believer that making assumptions about people's wallets is
a waste. ;-P

But seriously, I've got about 100 gigs left. If I can cut commercials
out of some shows (or chop off the 30-45 minutes of pledge breaks some
PBS shows have) I can keep that space working for us until our
schedules allow us to catch up our viewing. Would I love to have 3-4TB
of new space? Sure. Can I afford it right now? No. So I love
mythtranscode when it works.

If I buy a car that allows a roof rack and I use it, I don't want to
always be told that stuff can go in the trunk. The roof rack is an
option. I'd like to use it.

As mentioned in another thread, I was able to get the transcode
working again with the .25 libraries.