[mythtv-users] Rikomagic MK802IIIS Anybody using something like this for myth fe?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Mar 3 13:32:17 UTC 2013

On 13-03-03 08:09 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

The timing is uncanny!

> Yes, but (a) are any of them not using HLS and therefore not
> unnecessarily (given that such a device is probably within [W]LAN
> vicinity of the BE) molesting, er, I mean transcoding the stream

It seems as of the 1.10.0 release the MythTV Android Frontend actually
does.  Per the Release Notes:

New methods of playing recordings. Go to the Recordings screen and:
Press the eyeball and choose between:
Play with HLS, which is the original method and starts mythtranscode on
the backend, or
Play Recording, recommended for Standard Definition TV (MPEG2 SD), no
mythtranscode is used, or H264 transcoded recordings. MPEG2 HD
recordings playback with choppy results due to lack of adequate hardware
accelaration on today's Android devices.

Just going to try it out now...

b.