[mythtv-users] Full screen

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Jun 30 21:30:13 UTC 2013

On 6/30/2013 5:01 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I mostly run the frontend in a window on my monitor, DISPLAY=:0.0
>
> This puts it onto the TV.  Fedora, 0.26-fixes, but it may still be usable.
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # Run MythTV front end on display 1
> # For Panasonic TX-L32E5B HDMI1 via DVI-I adapter
> # This is for use if Overscan is OFF
> #
> # It seems that that requires _both_
> #  that the TV overscan is OFF
> #  and that the TV aspect ratio is set to [16:9]
> #  If aspect ratio is AUTO it seems that Overscan is ON
> #
> #
> export DISPLAY=:0.1
> mythfrontend --geometry 1920x1080+0+0

Please do not do this. Run some sort of window manager. Mythbuntu
defaults to Xfce. Lighter ones are things like fluxbox, e16, evilwm, or
ratpoison. The lighter ones are only going to eat about a megabyte of
memory, and nearly no CPU. There's no reason not to run it, and there
are good reasons to run it.