[mythtv-users] Full screen

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jun 30 21:01:09 UTC 2013

On 30/06/13 21:31, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com
> <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jaglover at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:10:31 -0700
>         Chris Finley <debenbain at gmail.com <mailto:debenbain at gmail.com>>
>         wrote:
>
>          > On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Daryl McDonald
>          > <darylangela at gmail.com <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>          > >
>          > > Greetings Mythizens, can anyone tell me how to utilize the full
>          > > display area of my screen? The Ubuntu information stripe on the
>          > > very top is always shown. I've gone into the front end screen
>          > > wizard, but I can't adjust the initial (top left) corner high
>          > > enough to cover that stripe. I'm using plasma display and would
>          > > like to avoid "burn in" up there. I'm running mythtv 0.25
>         front and
>          > > back end in a Ubuntu 12.04 desktop environment.
>          >
>          > It really sounds like #1 off of this list. Have you tried
>         that yet?
>          > Legacy Full Screen Support
>          >
>         http://jaysdesktop.blogspot.com/2012/06/few-myth-tv-tips-for-ubuntu-1204.html
>

>     Thanks I'll give this a try.
>

> I referenced the link and even referenced the link in the link, did what
> it said and only what it said and I still have the unity bar at the top
> throughout the front end experience. Is there more to it than the three
> steps and a restart?
>
> Daryl
>
>         If this is a dedicated frontend then Gnome is absolutely not needed.
>         Just fire up MythTV on X server.
>

>     No this is a multi-tasker.
>

>         --
>         Cheers, Saul

I mostly run the frontend in a window on my monitor, DISPLAY=:0.0

This puts it onto the TV.  Fedora, 0.26-fixes, but it may still be usable.

#!/bin/bash
# Run MythTV front end on display 1
# For Panasonic TX-L32E5B HDMI1 via DVI-I adapter
# This is for use if Overscan is OFF
#
# It seems that that requires _both_
#  that the TV overscan is OFF
#  and that the TV aspect ratio is set to [16:9]
#  If aspect ratio is AUTO it seems that Overscan is ON
#
#
export DISPLAY=:0.1
mythfrontend --geometry 1920x1080+0+0