[mythtv-users] ComCast OTA Encryption w/HDHR-Prime CC

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jun 27 17:57:23 UTC 2013

On 6/27/2013 1:25 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2013-06-27 11:41 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>
>> When you tune using a traditional digital tuner, you need to know the
>> physical channel, and the program ID within the data stream carried
>> by that channel.  When you tune using a CableCard tuner, you use the
>> cable company's virtual channel mapping, send the virtual channel you
>> want to the tuner, and it handles knowing what physical channel and
>> program ID to send back to you.  From MythTV's perspective, CableCard
>> tuners behave like an old analog tuner, since there is only one
>> number to know.
>
> Is there any way to force MythTV to use DigitalCable mode (I'm
> guessing that would work since it does with HDHR's setup?)

I don't have one to say one way or another, but I assume you just need
to provide a properly populated Video Source.  Specifically, one
populated from a SchedulesDirect lineup.  The HDHomeRun libraries
themselves detect what kind of device you're communicating with, and how
they should behave.

> Also -- it seems all my recording schedule are mostly broken.
>
> The schedule says to record such and such show on channel "" (it's blank)
>
> Is there a quick way to fix that without having to go re-do all the
> entries?

That should only affect "record on channel X" rules.  The standard
"record any" rules should continue to work just fine.