[mythtv-users] ComCast OTA Encryption w/HDHR-Prime CC

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Jun 27 17:25:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-27 11:41 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> When you tune using a traditional digital tuner, you need to know the physical channel, and the program ID within the data stream carried by that channel.  When you tune using a CableCard tuner, you use the cable company's virtual channel mapping, send the virtual channel you want to the tuner, and it handles knowing what physical channel and program ID to send back to you.  From MythTV's perspective, CableCard tuners behave like an old analog tuner, since there is only one number to know.

Ohhh....

Ok -- so then Myth auto-detects the cablecard and then goes into that mode?

Again, the HDHR Setup program allows for manual twiddling of a tuner between DigitalCable and CableCard modes...
so that would explain why I can tune up either with the setup - but MythTV "breaks" because it sees the cablecard,
tries to do that mode and I have the tables set up for the previous DigitalCable mode.

Does that sound about right?

Is there any way to force MythTV to use DigitalCable mode (I'm guessing that would work since it does with HDHR's setup?)

Also -- it seems all my recording schedule are mostly broken.

The schedule says to record such and such show on channel "" (it's blank)

Is there a quick way to fix that without having to go re-do all the entries?

  -Ben