[mythtv-users] Easiest way to find NBC on Comcast QAM

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 26 22:32:49 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 06:01 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 26/06/13 17:51, Monkey Pet wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Mitchell Gore wrote:
>>
>>> To find the freq from Silicondust's page look at the page source.
>>> In the
>>> XML the freq is listed.
>>>

>> Mitchell is right, the frequency data, program number, was in the XML
>> and
>> it matches what scte65scan reported!  I know my clear QAM days are
>> numbered, eventually I'll go with OTA.
>>
>> <Program> <Modulation>qam256</Modulation>
>> <Frequency>129000000</Frequency>
>> <PhysicalChannel>15</PhysicalChannel> <ProgramNumber>1</ProgramNumber>
>> <GuideNumber></GuideNumber> <GuideName>KNTVDT</GuideName> <Resolution>
>> 1920x1080i</Resolution> <Aspect>16:9</Aspect>
>> <Snapshot>43208324</Snapshot>
>>
>> </Program>
>>

> Am I being dense here? There /has/ to be a way of scripting together
> the output of scte65scan and the XML data and updating the database
> directly.

IMHO, it would make more sense for the person who wanted it to be easy
to just improve the mythtv-setup channel scanner (and possibly add SCTE
interpretation to it or ...).  A huge reason we have so much "less than
perfect" stuff in MythTV is because people keep insisting on creating
external workarounds instead of working to improve MythTV...

Mike