[mythtv-users] Easiest way to find NBC on Comcast QAM

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 22:21:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Am I being dense here? There /has/ to be a way of scripting together the
> output of scte65scan and the XML data and updating the database directly.

For users of Schedules Direct, I'd say that I'm about 50% done with a
grabber that utilizes the Schedules Direct JSON service. (Which has
embedded QAM data in the lineup file.)

It won't necessarily help "user 0" in a headend, because we still need
to get the data. But once the data has been sent to us it would be in
the daily download, so you wouldn't need to directly manipulate tables
by hand.

With my luck, I'll probably finish just in time for clear QAM to
become encrypted QAM. :(