[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 12.04 mythtv 0.26 no sound except for mythfrontend

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 03:11:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Did you configure asound.conf ? There are many examples on configuring it
>

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 24 June 2013 07:51, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> you'll need to make sure pulse audio is properly configured on your box.

I have a .asoundrc file configured with the defaults as described here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc

alsamixer indicates that my SB HDA card is the default.

But all of that is for configuring ALSA - like Jean-Yves points out, I need
to figure out how to fix pulseaudio.  If only information on how to
configure pulseaudio was a fraction as abundant as information on how to
obliterate it...