[mythtv-users] ?Card?

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 13:05:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> On 18/06/13 05:31, George Nassas wrote:
>
>> On 2013-06-18, at 12:02 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>>  /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0   this shows upon the DVB capture card page
>>> and
>>> further identifies a Samsung card, the one already bringing in the
>>> digital
>>> cable signal. I can't modify to "adapter 1", (or alter that line at all)
>>> which the prompt suggests would bring up the second cards specs .
>>>

>> OK, I think that’s the first I’ve heard that you have a second DVB card
>> present. What kind of card is it? I ask in case it’s also driven by the
>> saa7134 module. That would explain why the module is loaded but there
>> isn’t a
>> device for the 150U.
>>
>> The other card is listed as:  02:00.0 Multimedia video controller:
Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 04)      It
also is read by mythtv, in the backend, capture card as a Samsung S5H1409
QAM/ASTC

At this point I wonder what the kernel is saying as it boots up. Does it
>> mention the kworld, what about saa7134? On my distro those messages are
>> logged to /var/log/messages. You could take a look there or just zip up
>> the
>> file and put it somewhere downloadable.

I'm not understanding how to view /var/log/messages.

>>  At this point I would think that your best bet is to pull /all/ cards
> that are likely to add to the confusion, so that you only have your Kworld
> card to worry about. It should be much easier for mythtv-setup to tell you
> what it thinks it has if there are no others to muddy the waters.

I understand that theory, but am hesitant to act on it as the HP 1250 PCIe
is functional, scheduled and has up coming recordings