[mythtv-users] Mythtv compiling from source for Mint 15 Help Please!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 17 16:37:18 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 11:08 AM, George Galt wrote:
> Next, I would suggest using packages rather than compiling from
> source.  MythTV has a number of dependencies that will take forever to
> collect on your own.  In addition, ensuring that you have selected the
> correct switches for compiling will be a challenge.

Agreed.  As a matter of fact, there's little (read, "absolutely no")
reason for anyone to compile MythTV unless they're actually doing
development on MythTV--no more reason to compile MythTV than to compile
LibreOffice or GNOME or KDE or ...

And note that the Mythbuntu repository can be used with Linux Mint, so
even on Mint, you'll have access to what may be the best MythTV package
repo available...

Mike