[mythtv-users] Mythtv compiling from source for Mint 15 Help Please!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 17 16:43:06 UTC 2013

On 06/16/2013 10:56 PM, Bruce Herrington wrote:
> I have been told
> after the OS is installed and updated,mythtv.0.26.0 source  downloaded
> and extracted,  I need to follow the directions
> at: https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee to modify the mythtv
> soucre code to point the application to modified drivers verses kernel
> drivers.

And, FWIW, there is absolutely no code in MythTV that references
specific drivers.  We use standard APIs--V4L and DVB APIs--to access
data from the cards via the drivers that are loaded into the running
Linux kernel.  So, you can use whatever card drivers work properly with
your cards, as long as they are valid V4L or DVB drivers.  Just ensure
you load those drivers into the kernel.

Mike