[mythtv-users] import / export between systems

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 11:53:46 UTC 2013

HI All,

I have setup a new Mythtv system with a view to moving my old recordings to
it.  I have done this in the past by mounting the drive with all my
recordings, and then just restoring the DB and running mythsetup that then
promptly upgrades it.

However as my old system stopped recording some channels we have recordings
on both.

How can I export recordings from new, trash the new one and import from
old, upgrade mythversion/db, and then re-import the new recordings?

Not sure a DB backup/restore will work as doing the 2nd import will blat
the older (upgraded) data.

Pretty sure there used to be a away of exporting the dbdata and files and
then reimporting them?

Ideas?

Greg