[mythtv-users] problem with mythmote on one backend but not another

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 11:47:52 UTC 2013

I ran the nmap command as suggested from my one frontend to another and I
get the below about the one in question where mythmote does not work.  Also
according to the UFW commands it is not running and was disabled on
startup.

>From the local host I can do  netcat localhost 6546 and the front end
responds prompting me for commands so locally  the network remote feature
is working it just appears the server is not answering calls to that port
from other systems on the local network.

nmap -p 6546 --reason 192.168.1.57

Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-06-16 07:26 EDT
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.57
Host is up, received conn-refused (0.00014s latency).
PORT     STATE  SERVICE REASON
6546/tcp closed unknown conn-refused

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 13.05 seconds