[mythtv-users] Raspberry PI as backend slave or tvheadend

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sat Jun 15 20:43:47 UTC 2013

Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 15 June 2013 21:06, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Jun 15, 2013, at 1:39, John Morris <jmorris at beau.org
>     <mailto:jmorris at beau.org>> wrote:
>
>     > On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 18:18 +0100, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>     >> John Morris wrote:
>     >>> How about this idea. Buy an HD HomeRun, they are clearing em out
>     >>> all over the Internet right now ...
>     >>
>     >> I guess you're talking about "clearing them out in the US". Does
>     >> anybody know where I can find them so cheap in the UK?
>     >
>     > Oh, sorry bout that. Don't think they would do you any good if you
>     > aren't in ATSC territory, pretty sure they don't do DVB. But
>     they have
>     > been all over Woot, Newegg, etc. at good prices as the HomeRun Prime
>     > seems to be the preferred product now. Heck, even the Prime has been
>     > Woot fodder, that is where I got mine.
>
>     Silicon Dust does have a DVB-T/C version.

I'm aware of the different versions for US, EU and UK and they were
selling at roughly the same price AFAIR. The US version is selling for
~$80 (which is ~£50) now,but the UK version is still ~£80 and the EU
version ~€100.

> http://www.kaiserbaas.com/tv-radio-category/network-tv-tuner

Huh, did I miss something? "The Kaiser Baas Network TV Tuner, formerly
HD HomeRun,..."
> or
>
> http://www.corsairsolutions.com.au/where-to-buy.html

Thanks for the links, but they're both in AU...