[mythtv-users] WOL from suspend and Asus at3iont

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 13:18:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I Can't get wake-on-lan to work with my asus ion motherboard. It wakes
from USB and resumes everything nicely but WOL does not work whatever
I try. I've tried:

  * echo enabled > (every file called wakeup in /sys)
  * made everything enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup
  * tried turning acpi=off when booting (not nice)
  * checked for wakeup settings with ethtool
  * /var/log/pm-power.log says enabling WOL for eth0 on suspend
  * tried various combination of BIOS settings

Whatever I try all the lights go out on the Ethernet socket when it
suspends. I was expecting it to go to 10baseT so maybe something in
the suspend sequence or driver is turning the link off.  The system
has a Realtek etehrnet controller running at 1G and its runing Debian
stable (don't laugh).

Has anyone got this motherboard waking up from the network?