[mythtv-users] HD simulcast: how best to configure

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 14:46:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-14, at 10:19 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> I would recommend using the per-recording-rule HDTV filter, instead, so you can say /which/ shows should be recorded

I thing this is getting arcane for a new user especially one who’s trying to reduce complexity at least to start.

A little real world experience for the OP: I’ve been using myth for around 8 years and lots of combinations of # tuners and presence/absence of cable & OTA. I’ve always used the default priorities and it works great. It’s really impressive out of the box and as you’re reading there are plenty of options if you want to deep dive into miscellany.

As an aside, I think there’s a default priority boost for new episodes. The method changed recently but I believe it still does “the right thing” about new episodes vs reruns.

In the end the approach depends on your personality type but I would say keep it simple!

- George