[mythtv-users] HD simulcast: how best to configure

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 14:15:38 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-13, at 12:38 PM, LAUKENS Niels wrote:

> * Combine all 3. Can I assign priorities to channels, so that I preferable
> watch/record HD, only falling back if scheduling requires me to?

Combining this way is your best option and sets things up for the way the scheduler wants to work. Should the listings for the HD version actually show its programming as having HD quality then there's an option (somewhere) in the settings about preferring HD shows so the scheduler will automatically favour the HD channel when all other factors are equal.

A friend has a setup with 1 SD & 2 HD tuners and myth rarely /never fails to pick the best combination of quality and programming.

- George