[mythtv-users] Program Guide Unknown

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 12 15:09:57 UTC 2013

On 06/12/2013 09:25 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> This is day 2 of the  7 day free trial with Schedules Direct, and I
> can't get program information to load in the guide. If I scan for
> channels first (in input connections, back end) then I can't fetch
> channels, when I wipe and start again and try to fetch first, I get
> visual acknowledgment of a click but no fetching. I've gone to
> Schedules Direct raw data showed add new lineup, did that, now it
> shows scads of info but still "unknown" in the guide. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.

If you're using an "internal" digital tuner (i.e. directly using the
tuner from MythTV versus using an external set-top box that outputs
analog to an encoder, like the HD-PVR or PVR-x50), you need to scan for
channels and then map the Schedules Direct XMLTV IDs to the channels
found by the scan using the mythtv-setup or MythWeb channel editor.  You
/never/ use "Fetch channels from listings source" with digital tuners.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 for
how to clean up your current configuration ("Delete all video sources")
and then re-create your Video Source, then re-connect your input(s),
then scan for channels, then use the channel editor to set the XMLTV
IDs, then run mythfilldatabase from the command line.

Mike