[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup won't get channel lineup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 6 20:42:26 UTC 2013

On 06/06/2013 04:23 PM, Rich Bishop wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers. Unfortunately upgrading to the 0.26 fixes
> didn't fix things. Looking at the debug output from
>
> mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels
>
> I see the following:
>
> INSERT INTO dd_lineupmap      ( lineupid,  stationid,  channel,
> channelMinor) VALUES      ('PC:19014', '19611', '3', '3'MINOR)
>

> It appears that :CHANNELMINOR is being substituted by the value of
> CHANNEL ('3') and the string MINOR rather than the minor channel value
> from datadirect. I made some temporary edits to datadirect.cpp and
> manually added the minor channel values to the channel table. After
> messing around a little with the database (manually setting channum
> and freqid in channel) things appear to be working.
>
> I'm assuming this is maybe due to my platform (centos 6.3) rather than
> a bug in the code, as presumably someone would have come across this
> before (?)

Ah, wait.  If you have a digital capture card, you should /never/ use
"Fetch channels..."  It's only for use with analog tuners or encoders
using external tuners because we need a lot more information for digital
tuning than is available from the listings.  For a digital capture card,
you need to do a channel scan.  Then, you map XMLTV IDs from Schedules
Direct with the channels created by the scan.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 for
a(n old, but mostly-accurate) description.

Mike