[mythtv-users] Lowest power HD frontend?

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Tue Jun 4 03:54:48 UTC 2013

On 06/03/2013 10:50 PM, James Linder wrote:

>>> Moore's law is not a law of nature, more like a law of marketing. Or
>>> coleslaw.
>
> Actually physical limits like the speed of light which limits clock speed or
> quantum uncertainty which limits the smallness achievable ie we've got 22 nanoMeter we probably will not ever get 2 nanoMeter so placing great trust in Moores law is going to lead to great heartache no matter what you believe.
>
> Moores law is on the cusp of a great STOP, CEASE, GO NO FARTHER.
>
> To quote James May "Modern youth think that your music collection fits in your back pocket" but Library of Congress probably never will (I've not done the math, but you get the picture)
> James

Actually, the library of congress should be an easy one.  Simple math
says that just two of those 512 GB flash drives would hold the text of
all 150 million books in the library based on roughly 100,000 words per
book and 10:1 compression.  Both of those are pretty generous
assumptions so you might only need one flash drive :)

I guess you also don't agree with Intel about Moore's law then, since
just 5 years back they predicted it would extend to 2029!

http://java.sys-con.com/node/557154