[mythtv-users] TWiT Live HLS channels and MythTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:32:45 UTC 2013

On 4 June 2013 02:11, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jun  3 12:03:10 mythcenter mythlogserver: mythbackend[1848]: W TVRecEvent
> recorderbase.cpp:138 (SetOption) RecBase(14:):
> SetOption(mrl,file:///home/dmfrey/playlist-hls.m3u): Option not recognized

not important

> The TWIT channel never opens successfully.  Nasa was fine....scratch that.
> Tuning seems to take a long time or not happen at all.  Are there any logs
> associated with HLS tuners (other than the backend log) that I can bump up
> the logging on and post?

problem is that I put in the playlist the highest bandwidth stream
they had as it worked for me. They don't provide fall-over streams so
if your bandwidth is too low then myth could automatically select
which one to use.

changing channel in liveTV is a bit of a hit and miss.
the new version I just committed in master is much more resistant
thanks to the new recorders framework mythtv uses.