[mythtv-users] All "Recording Unavailable" after successful mythconverge_restore following mysql-server purge and reinstallation

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 31 12:24:10 UTC 2013

On 01/31/2013 04:35 AM, John Brown wrote:

> I think the subject line just about tells it all!
>
> For reasons outline in my other post I had to do a purge of
> mysql-server-5.1 and mysql-common (which also purged mythtv) to
> correct another problem. This got rid of the other problem but created
> a new one.
>
> I successfully restored the mythconverg database from the last backup.
> All good. Also all of the recording files are undisturbed as are all
> of the configuration settings including the recording directory
> setting in the backend setup.
>
> When I launch the frontend all looks good except all 180 recordings
> (correctly listed in the "Watch Recordings") menu have the status of
> "Recording Unavailable".
>
> Why are the recordings unavailable when the files are clearly there
> and in the right place, and the data is clearly in mythconverg??
>
> Is there a way of correcting this problem, or am I in the situation of
> having the 180 recordings with meaningless names so that I can't tell
> which one is which, and have to watch in some other media player??
>
> All help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you changed the host name of your system and didn't tell MythTV.

If so, the easiest way to fix it is to change it back, then re-restore
the database backup (to clean out the garbage that's now in there with
the new host name).  If you can't change the host name back, you can use
a LocalHostName override in config.xml to get MythTV to use the previous
host name for the profile name.

If that's not the case, you're going to need to show some logs--showing
complete startup of mythbackend and mythfrontend through entering Watch
Recordings and attempting to play a recording.

Mike