[mythtv-users] Help debugging a consistent backend crash

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Jan 24 15:06:25 UTC 2013

         Does it fail only if the slave backend is up?  I'm not sure why
it's not happening to others but I get segfaults like the one reported
here:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11318

I believe it's caused by a problem I reported a bit earlier:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11316

The patch I posted there fixes it for me.  The other reporter thinks
there is a problem with the patch, although I'm not seeing it myself.

I have not tried it with the slave backend down and it really appears
to happen most often when I have multiple recordings starting at the
same time.  I thought it may be related to the previewgen since
previewgen acts strangely at times.
I have implemented your patch and am compiling now.  I also noticed
that there is a section of code that is almost the same earlier in
the file.  I almost changed that one by mistake.
I will let you know what happens