[mythtv-users] Recommendation for SSD boot drive

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 24 12:16:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, January 23, 2013 1:57 pm, Fred Watt wrote:
> Excellent feedback Dave.  It is looking like a good investment - 50 to
> 25 seconds.   I know most computers are quick these days, but boot time
> is still like watching a boiling kettle - especially if you're sat in
> the living room.

I mentioned the wrong SSD! - I got a couple recently, the one I used in my
Mythtv box is a OCZ Agility 3 60GB which I picked up for £39.99 at PC
World before Christmas.

Optimisation Links (Fedora related but could apply to other distros) -

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSD
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SSD_Tuning_for_Linux
http://www.harald-hoyer.de/personal/blog/fedora-17-boot-optimization-from-15-to-3-seconds2