[mythtv-users] HLS Streaming difficulties.....

David Day david.scott.day at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:08:07 UTC 2013

We have been using MythTV happily here for about three years now for
receiving about
+20 OTA channels using 1 old HVR1600 and one new HDHR with good results.

I recently read about HLS streaming and thought we would like to add the
NASA
+channel, Reuters, BBC, and a few others to our mix of available channels.

Though the set up of the HLS streaming recorder seems like it would be too
simple to
+screw up, I am not having much luck with HLS.

I am able to get HLS reception to work for the first channel I tune to, and
the H264
+streams provide a quite acceptable viewing experience.  However having
tuned into
+the first channel, I then cannot do anything else.  Trying to change
channels always
+fails with a front end crash, both when using the channel list and when
browsing the
+channels, and the recorder apparently continues to record, because
escaping out of
+livetv and then trying to go back into it, leads to the "All Tuners are
Currently
+Busy" message.

So I have taken HLS off of our main MythTV setup entirely, so the family
doesn't have
+to deal with a broken subsystem, and set up what had been just a front end
in my
+home office as a completely separate front/back just for experimenting
with this
+problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,