[mythtv-users] mythweb 'remote' control slow

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:49:07 UTC 2013

more recently i've been trying to use the 'Remote' page on mythweb, but
it's extremely slow - taking 15-20seconds from between pressing the virtual
keys, to commands to hit the FE.
I'm on the latest 0.26/fixes chain, with mythbuntu as the base, and both
the BE and FE in question were updated on the 22nd (2 days ago).

network config appears fine; gigabit connects to/from the BE and FE.
the laptop I used to access mythweb was on wifi connecting to the same
subnet. Using mythmote on my android phone is instant.
local DNS appears to resolve fine from the BE, to the FE (using 'ping
myth-fe3' as the test method) - i beleive i have my FE's details in the
local host file on the BE.

is there any tricks to getting this working properly? i've only found one
similar problem from early 2012 sugesting it's DNS, but that doesn't appear
to be the case for me...