[mythtv-users] TV Listings and Upcoming Recordings blank sometimes

Jason Bilbrey jason at bilbrey.me
Thu Jan 17 15:21:54 UTC 2013

I have MythTV 0.26 installed on Ubuntu 12.04 and it's working great except
that sometimes the "TV Listings" and "Upcoming Recordings" in the MythWeb
interface are blank.  It is still recording shows, and I can go into the
Backend Status and see upcoming shows that will record and what the tuners
are currently doing.

The Upcoming Recordings page displays this error:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was
encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Sometimes it works just fine, but most of the time it's in this status.
 I've tried searching the web and this list for similar cases but most of
the time people are also having their shows not record.  For me it's just
that I can't preview beyond the 10 shows that the Backend Status screen
shows.

The TV Listings page also loads but doesn't show any guide data when the
Upcoming Recordings page is erroring out.

Any ideas?  Are there log files or debug I can turn up to find out exactly
what it's doing (or not doing) and why this occasionally works?

Jason