[mythtv-users] State of the PVR150/250 in 0.26?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:20:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Larry T <larryt at gmail.com> wrote:
> My settings mirror yours on one frontend that I checked. I have 2 frontends
> but neither is on the system that has the PVR-150. The PVR-150 is headless
> and is configured through mythbuntu to not have the frontend installed. I am
> not sure if these settings are universal across all or machine specific...
> As always, let me know if there is some other way I should check for the
> settings on the specific server in question.

Those are global settings, not frontend-specific, so no need to check elsewhere.

I'm having a hard time reproducing the problem in mythcommflag, but
I'm pretty sure that's where the mismatch is coming from.  I believe
you should be able to run "mythcommflag --rebuild" on any of these
recordings and get it fixed up.  One convenient way is to create a
user job (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Jobs) to rebuild the seek
table.  You would probably set it up as "mythcommflag --rebuild
--chanid %CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME%", and whenever you come
across a problematic recording, start that job from the Watch
Recordings screen.  It should run quickly even on a slow frontend.

This stuff should be all sorted out when 0.27 comes out.  (And sorry,
I don't know when that will be...)

Jim